Applications Open For The SARB Graduate Development Programme 2022. The SARB is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2022. Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2022. During the year, graduates will be assigned to a department, and will be exposed to various roles and projects.
During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately 40 days. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as presentations skills, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
To be considered for this programme, candidates must:
- Have completed a postgraduate degree;
- Have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
- Have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
- Have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Are a South African citizen; and
- Are a curious and keen learner.
Fields of Study:
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following areas:
- Policy Analysis
- Public Finance
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Portfolio or Investment Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Risk Management
- Economics and International Relations
You meet the requirements if you:
- have completed a postgraduate degree;
- have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
- have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
- have a proven track record of academic excellence
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- are a South African citizen; and
- are a curious and keen learner.
How to apply
Closing Date Friday: 30 April, 2021 – 12:00