10 Interesting Facts About Skeem Saam’s Hellen Motsuki (Melita). Her character, Melita is currently the most talked about on TV. Just like most hustlers, Melita is going to extremes, just for her not to lose her tender. The character is played by the talented Hellen Motsuki. Although she has been around for many years, Hellen has definitely made a mark in the industry playing Melita.
1. Hellen Motsuki was born and raised in Lephalale in Limpopo
2. She attended Tielelo Secondary and Phegelelo High School and once she completed Grade 12, she decided to move to Gauteng to further her studies in the arts.
3. Chatting with SABC Education, the talented actress revealed that it all started when she was young. Motsuki says she grew up being a storyteller, and was always surrounded by other kids, listening to her stories.
4. Motsuki made her acting debut back in 2010 on Generations. She played the role of Nadia. Unfortunately when her role was beginning to flourish, 16 actors were axed from the SABC1 soapie, and she was one of them.
5. In 2017, she joined former Generations colleagues Connie Ferguson, Thato Molamu, Zenande Mfenyana and Zolisa Xaluva on The Queen. Motsuki played a role of the evil step parent Suzy, who abuses her niece, Refilwe.
6. The actress has also made appearances on the SABC 2 soapie Muvhango as Advocate Grace. She also appeared in a number of television commercials for Carnival City and Lucky Star.
7. Hellen currently plays the character of Melita, an ambitious entrepreneur that runs the canteen at Turf University. But now that the tender contract is on the verge of expiring, and Melita can’t cope with losing her sole source of income.
8. Other than being an actress, Motsuki is also a businesswoman, a producer, director, a published author, MC as well as a motivational speaker.
9. A few years ago, the hardworking Motsuki opened a spa and a beauty parlor. Judging from her pictures on Instagram, it is quite evident that she belongs in the beauty industry.
10. On a personal note, Motuki has been happily married for over 10 years, and together with her husband has a son she adores to bits.