Applications Open For The MISA Young Graduate Programme 2021. The MISA Young Graduate Programme is a structured work-based candidacy development programme for unemployed youth with relevant technical qualifications from institutions of higher learning. It provides, amongst other opportunities, a monthly stipend and mentorship by experienced mentors.
Successful candidates will enter into two to three-year candidacy contracts with MISA, depending on the requirements of their respective professional bodies. The candidates will be hosted by identified municipalities for work exposure. Qualifying unemployed youth from the host municipalities are encouraged to apply.
Fields of Study:
This programme offers opportunities to unemployed young graduates in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Property Valuation
List Of Host Municipalities
- Kwa-zulu Natal Province: Uthukela, Umzinyathi, Nkandla, Newcastle, uPhongolo, Mandeni
- Free State Province: Kopanong
- Gauteng Province: Merafong, Sedibeng
- Northern Cape Province: Phokwane, Tsantsabane, Kheis
- Eastern Cape Province: Amahlathi, Ngqushwa, Ndlambe, Koukamma
- Western Cape Province: Hessequa
- North West Province: Moses Kotane, Naledi, Ditsobotla, Ramotshere, Kgetlengrivier
- Mpumalanga Province: Steve Tshwete, Bushbuckridge
- Limpopo Province: Ephraim Mogale, Greater Tzaneen, Maruleng, Vhembe
- Applicants must be unemployed graduates who are willing and available for placement in a municipality for a minimum 24 months to acquire work experience, coaching and mentorship towards professional registration.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
How to Apply
Targeted Technical Fields:
- Civil Engineering: National Diploma /BTech degree / BSc /B Eng. in Civil Engineering
- Urban & Regional Planning: National Diploma / BTech degree/ Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning
- Electrical Engineering: National Diploma/BTech Degree / BSc /B Eng in Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences: BTech and or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences/Management
- Property Valuers: A Diploma in Real Estate, majoring with Valuation / B. Com honours in real estate /Advanced Diploma in real Estate majoring with Valuation/BSc Degree in property studies majoring with Valuation.
Reference No: MISA YOUNG GRADUATE PROGRAMME 01/2020
Include The Following:
- MISA application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of the identity document
- Proof of Residential address
All applications with required documentation should be emailed to: TSrecruitment.YG2020@misa.gov.za
Closing date: 10th January 2021 @ 16H00 PM. No late applications will be accepted.