10 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Telegram APP. Lately everyone is talking about the Telegram APP. Telegram’s similarity to other more popular messaging apps is a major part of why some people either haven’t heard of it or aren’t interested in using it. For those who don’t know, this is an online messaging app that works just like popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
1 Telegram APP was founded by Russian Pavel Durov, who’s also behind Russia’s largest social network VKontakte (VK).
2. The service was launched for iOS on 14 August 2013 and Android in October 2013. Since then it has reached 200 million active monthly users.
3. Telegram can be used and installed just like other messaging apps. You can download it from Apple’s App Store or from Google’s Play Store – look for the paper airplane logo.
4. The app can be used on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers. Telegram is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows NT, macOS and Linux.
5. Telegram is cloud-based and claims that it prioritizes security and speed, making it a good alternative to other popular messaging apps.
6. Telegram’s distinctive feature is security. It claims that all its activities including chats, groups and media shared between participants, is encrypted.
7. There’s also the ability to check the security of your ‘Secret Chats’ using an image that serves as an encryption key. By comparing your encryption key to a friend’s, you can effectively verify that your conversation is secure and less vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
8. The app also lets you set self-destruct timers on messages and media that you share which can range from two seconds to one week through its built-in feature ‘Secret Chat’.
9. You can’t make video calls on Telegram messenger, which many competing messaging services support. Naturally, it also can’t group video calls like WhatsApp, Skype, and Facebook Messenger can. Your mileage will vary on how important this feature is.
10. Telegram allows users to delete messages sent by other users. It’s a somewhat divisive feature. Having your messages deleted by someone else probably doesn’t feel very good. But if your conversation is between you and a person you trust, it’s another handy way to control your online communications.