10 Interesting Facts About The River’s Chuck Shisana (Detective Tshabalala). It goes without saying that may confuse him for a real cop. This is simply because Chuck Shisana is very good at what he does, which is acting. He has captivated viewers across the country as he portrays Detective Tshabalala on the multi award winning telenovela, The River.
Learn more about Shisana from the 10 facts about him below;
1. 43 year old Chuck Shisana was born in Shoshanguve.
2. Chuck went to Soshanguve secondary school, a school popularly known for school dramas and music. After matriculating he proceeded to Pretoria Technikon studying Drama and Arts.
3. Before making it in the industry, Shisana trained with SAPS to be a police officer. At least he got the chance to play a cop on a few shows.
4. His acting career began in 2002, whee he enrolled with Mabana Arts Foundation. That is when the acting bug bit him, ad he has never looked back.
5. Among the many roles he played, Chuck is best known for his role as Willy Phoma in the SABC2 medical drama series Hillside, from 2006-2008.
6. He also played the role of Frank in the e.tv soapie Rhythm City and had a guest starring role in the third season of the SABC2 sitcom Ga Re Dumele.
7. In 2018, the talented actor joined the cast of The River, where he plays the corrupt cop, Detective Tshabalala. Instead of being a good officer of the law, Detective Tshabalala is very corrupt.
8. Chuck is not the only one in his family who is in this industry. His older brother Aubrey Sekhabi is the Artistic Director at the State Theatre in Pretoria.
9. He has played a police officer on The River, The Republic, Soul City and Molo Fish. Talk about a man who slays a particular role like it’s his actual profession.
10. Chuck is a happily married man, and together with his wife Matilda Sekgobela, they are proud parents of two children.