Applications Open for The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls SA Internships 2021 (5 x). The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls South Africa invites unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme for 2020 / 2021.
The Academy is looking to appoint 5 Interns. Only suitably qualified and experienced applicants will be considered for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive working relationships.
- Possess a strong working ethic.
- Have a positive outlook and an open mind.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Leadership skills and modelling.
- Good report writing skills.
- Fully computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use own judgement and discretion.
- Ability to listen and relate to each student.
Minimum Academic Requirements & Experience
- Matric certificate.
- Diploma or a degree and be studying towards a Post Graduate Certificate in Education through correspondence in 2021 OR should be in their 2nd or 3rd year of study (part time) towards a diploma or a degree.
- Ability to fully participate in the school’s extramural programme.
- Have the passion for learning and see themselves working towards a permanent career in teaching.
- Actively seeking to develop professionally in a school environment that is committed to providing a quality education.
- Due to the nature of this position, the successful incumbent will be required to:
- Submit a recent police clearance certificate.
- Work shifts; and
- Live on the Academy premises while on Academy duties.
- The following will serve as an added advantage:
- Boarding house experience.
- Proven Child & Youth Care experience.
How To Apply
Regrettably emailed, faxed and hand delivered applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted through the SkillsMap portal will be considered. Only suitably qualified applications will be considered. Should you not hear from us by 30 November 2020, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position.
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls is a member of ISASA and is an equal opportunity employer. Only suitably qualified applicants will be considered. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position.
Closing Date: 29th October 2020