Applications Open for The Gauteng Dept of Agriculture Farming Internship 2020/2021. This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture who want to venture into entrepreneurial projects related to agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
- Grade 12
- A recognized National Diploma/Degree in agriculture as recognized by SAQA.
- Livestock / CROP Farm Assist with planting, maintaining, harvesting, washing and storing produce.
- Support the harvesting of all farm and greenhouse areas following sustainable harvesting practices.
- Taking stewardship of the land, plants and environment by making a commitment to the sustainability and well-being of the project and the people involved.
- Notify Manager of irrigation system issues for farm and greenhouse. Support production planning and scheduling for all areas of farm and greenhouse.
- Assess farm and greenhouse growing conditions.
- Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for farm planting and maintenance which applies to intensive small-acreage farming.
Documents To Attach
- Attach a recently updated CV
- Attach certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than six months old).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
How to Apply
or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House. Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Of the targeted unemployed graduates, a minimum of 50% must be women and 60% must be youth (18-35 years). Unemployed graduates from colleges of agriculture will receive first priority.
Closing Date: Friday 30th October 2020.