Applications Open For The CSIR Internships 2020 / 2021 (2X). Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites candidates to apply for Material Characterization, Testing and Analytical Internship Programme for 2020 / 2021.
The CSIR has two Internship opportunities in the Centre for Nanostructures and Advanced Materials (CeNAM) within Chemicals cluster. The purpose of Internship is to support and equip newly graduates with practical work experience and provide them with exposure to different research projects. These opportunities are based in Pretoria.
Under supervision, the Intern will be required to:
- Conduct Physical testing on textile material and automotive textile materials;
- Conduct Colour Fastness testing on textile material and automotive materials;
- Conduct Flammability testing on various type of product;
- Test for light-fastness on various type of product;
- Assist in chemical testing, e.g., Formaldehyde, Cromium1V, pH value, and others;
- Conduct literature searches for research projects;
- Conduct experimental work in the laboratory for research projects;
- Assist with characterization of products/materials (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, etc.),
- Compile reports and other project related documents;
- Assist with thorough housekeeping of labs;
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A National diploma in textile technology. A Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma will be advantageous;
- Research and report-writing skills;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Package;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task, and to perform consistently under pressure;
How To Apply
Closing Date: 21st October 2020