10 Interesting Facts About Gomora’s Siyasanga Papu. New Mzansi Magic show Gomora, has introduced us to some of the most talented actors in the country. Siyasanga Papu, who has been in the industry for a while plays Pretty on the show. She is an icon that has risen from minor roles to one of the biggest names in the film industry.
Learn more about her from the 10 interesting facts below.
- Siyasanga Catherine Papu was born on the 14th of July 1986
2. She attended Hoerskoole Elandspoort between 2000 and 2004 for her high school education. Later on, she enrolled for a course in film making at Damelin between 2005 and 2006.
3. Siyasanga has been in the arts industry for 15 years, having started off in theatre in 2005.
4. Among the shows, she has be on include, SABC1 drama series Usindiso and soapie Generations: The Legacy; SABC2 medical drama Hillside; e.tv soapie Rhythm City and Mzansi Magic drama series Saints and Sinners.
5. Siyasanga stepped to the limelight and became a household name upon playing the role of Nomathemba in the supernatural drama series dubbed The Herd.
6. The talented actress now plays the lead role of Pretty on Mzansi Magic’s Gomora. Pretty is the last born daughter of Mom Sonto, and has to deal with the pain of being the least favorite child.
7. Quite often, Siyasanga, opens up about the struggles of plus sized women in the industry. According to her, she has been turned down on numerous roles, simply because her weight didn’t fit the part.
8. Like most people in the entertainment industry, Siyasanga is multi talented. Not only does she act, she also sings, writes, paints and is a sketch artist.
9. Siyasanga is famous for her beautiful vocals, and recently captivated many at the 2020 Royalty Awards with her outstanding voice.
10. She is a proud mother to a beautiful daughter. Sometimes the mother and daughter duo, attend events wearing cute matching outfits.