10 Interesting Facts About Rhythm City’s Nompilo Gwala (Nandi Ngobese). She has been in the game for years, and currently Nompilo Gwala is getting the recognition she so deserves. Many recognize her as Nandi Ngobese on the popular e.tv show, Rhythm City.
Nandi is a mom who is faced with the struggles of raising a hot headed teen girls, and a husband who puts his work above everything else. There is more to Nompilo, besides her Rhythm City role though. Learn more about her from the 10 facts below.
1. Nompilo Gwala is an actress, voice over artist, model and activist.
2. As a model she has graced the pages of local and international magazines such as Truelove, Oprah Magazine, Glamour and ELLE.
3. Nompilo has also earned her stripes in the modelling world, walking the runways of local brand SunGoddess.
4. Acting came as a chance, and she landed her first acting role in 2012 on Mzansi Magic’s, first Telenovela, iNkaba as Nothando Khumalo.
5. Nompilo then went on to bag a lead to role in SABC 3’s former soapie, Isidingo. She played Amuhle, the late Jefferson Sibeko’s mistress, who resurfaced at his funeral.
6. The talented actress then joined Mzansi Magic drama series, Saints And Sinners, in the role of Phindile Khumalo.
7. She also did a few films, her first being, My Wife And My Lady. She was cast in a lead role, the Arabic comedy, staring alongside Egyptian actor and comedian Ramez Galal.
8. In 2014 Nompilo, landed the role of Thandi in a Portuguese and English action film titled Diaz Santana, which is an Angolan and South African collaboration shot in Cape Town and Luanda, Angola.
9. In 2016, while doing an interview, she revealed publicly for the first time that much like her character Phindi , in Saints And Sinners, she too was a rape and a suicide survivor.
10. The only time Nompilo has ever been star struck was when she met the late Nelson Mandela, when she was 17 years old.