Production Coordinator Wanted At Newzroom Afrika. The primary role of the production coordinator is to support the production manager within the programming department to create and manage production workflows across a number of inter-linked departments in the company.
- Act on instructions from the production manager.
- Plan, create and manage production schedules.
- Create and manage shift rosters of production team across the inter-linked department.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Manage project resources as per allocated project budgets.
- Manage allocations of production equipment per project/job.
- Optimise all production processes.
- Liaise with departmental HODs to create and track purchase orders and ensure payments to suppliers and freelancers.
- Attend to all queries escalated by departmental HODs and managers.
- Oversee production quality control standards.
- Ensure all content is approved by producers before final delivery.
- Keep schedules up to date for all inter-linked production departments (Promos, Creative, Marketing & Digital).
- Ensure that the master control room broadcasts the correct versions of all content produced and delivered by your departments.
- Manage the daily handover of all briefs and deliverables from shift to shift.
- Follow, adhere to and help refine company systems and processes in terms of workflows and all other existing templates as guided by the Production Manager.
- Liaise with IT and technical Managers with regard to all technical requirements of your departments.
- Handle all other administrative requirements of your departments.
- Degree/diploma required or equivalent in experience
- Experience in a multi-tasking office environment or similar experience in a video production business
- Must have basic knowledge of graphic design, video editing and television production management software packages
- Exhibit adaptability/flexibility and sound judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with high levels of responsiveness
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be a self-motivated, team player
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be used to a high-performance environment
- Must be available outside office hours for urgent matters.
- Ability to delegate and follow-through
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Embrace change
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit their CVs on or before 16 July 2020. Please note that if you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.