Applications Open For The Department Of Health Psychologist Internship/Graduate 2021. Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates to apply for the Psychologist Internship programme at the Department of Health.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In- and outpatient clinical assessment and psychological treatment of adults and children.
- Ward work will comprise of a range of psychiatric diagnoses, as well as medical wards, intellectual disability and forensic services.
- Conducting psychometric assessments including personality and comprehensive neuro psychological evaluations.
- General and clinical administrative tasks.
- Achievement of training standards set by the HPCSA and SA Professional Board of Psychology.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Education / Qualifications:
- Honours degree in Psychology.
- Successful completion of the theoretical part of the Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology.
Registration with HPCSA as a Clinical Psychology Intern by 1 January 2021.
All applicants To Submit:
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- 3 referee reports and Interim Supervisors report;
- Identity Document,
- Matric certificate,
- Academic transcripts
- HPCSA registration certificate as Psychology Student.
- All applicants should indicate 5 institutions of preference, but may be placed at other institutions, depending on the availability of posts.
- If the applicant does not select 5 institutions their application will not be considered.
- All short listed candidates will be expected to submit a reflective task prior to the interview.
- It will be expected of successful candidates to provide your year end final supervisor’s report if you are selected to the Intern program.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020