Applications Open For The World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP). Are you thinking about a career at the World Bank Group? The WBG YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
- Born on or after October 1, 1988
- Master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Fluency in English
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
Graduate degree requirements vary by institution:
For WB placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by June 30, 2020 or a PhD before September 2021.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree (ex: Master of Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Science, and Engineering) before September 2021.
Professional experience requirements vary by institution:
For WB placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Applications for the inaugural WBG YPP cohort will open from June 1 – June 30 for all profiles and will reopen from August 17 – September 21 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Transcripts*
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
*Transcripts should display an expected graduation date, if currently enrolled.
**Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Question 1 In 500 words or less, please tell us what inspires you to work at the World Bank Group and why you would be a good fit for the WBG YPP. You may incorporate your personal and professional experience (area of expertise, region or sector) in your answer.
Question 2 In 500 words or less, please share your thoughts on the value of the new World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and why joint WBG solutions (public, public-private & private) to development challenges are so important.
The World Bank Group is not affiliated with nor does it endorse any third-party sites selling products and services on the World Bank YPP selection process. All information on the YPP selection process is described on this website and is free to all prospective applicants.
Click HERE to apply and for more information on the application requirements and process.