Applications Open For The Doctors Without Borders (MSF) Law / LLB Internships 2020. Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is looking for an Intern to support the General Direction of MSF SnA on two key transformational projects.
The intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Assist with education and capacity building with regard to the importance of privacy and data protection in development and humanitarian contexts, by supporting the organization of events, seminars or other advocacy related engagements.
- Disseminate all available data protection documentation to MSF SA staff – preparation of monthly internal newsletter
- Attend meetings, take notes and support brainstorming on the gaps and challenges that exist in privacy, ethics and data uses for social good with key partners, regulators and the private sector
- Coordinate archiving process and make it accessible to all MSF SA staff
- Support the KM manager & KIT in developing workshops, meetings, trainings, etc. to strengthen the Knowledge Management within MSF SA
- Coordinate KM working groups, and meetings of other internal groups
- Catalogue and archive technical publications, evaluation and research reports and internal knowledge products
- Assist in maintaining the communications channels supporting the roll out of the internal communications and knowledge sharing: disseminating announcements, engaging with staff, posting and updating documentation, user guides and other channels as appropriate.
- Support to the organization of events/meetings/trainings that the unit is responsible for
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated current or previous enrollment in data privacy and data protection activities is required (enrollment in classes, courses, trainings, seminars or any previous work experience)
- Familiarity with privacy and data protection laws – GDPR & POPIA
- Excellent research, reporting, writing, and legal administration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity and understanding of the issues related to data, digital privacy and the humanitarian sector is desirable
- Knowledge of data security concepts, protocols or technical experience in the field is desirable
- Any additional technical or legal training or certification in privacy and data protection or big data analytics is desirable
- Intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
How to Apply
Closing Date: 30th of June 2020