10 Interesting Facts About The River’s Matshepo Sekgopi (Dimpho). Matshepo Sekgopi is one of the most talented upcoming actresses shaking up the industry. She has fans glued to their screens as she plays the highly opinionated Dimpho Mokoena on the award winning drama, The River.
Find more about her from the 1o interesting facts below.
1. 23 year old Matshepo Sekgopi grew up in Kagiso, west of Johannesburg.
2. The talented actress rose to prominence as Z’bondiwe in e.tv’s Esihle
3. Matshepo has also appeared as Galaza’s Siren in Isibaya, Nellie in Sokhulu and Partners and Bongi in Ingoma.
4. She definitely made her mark in the industry whenshe got cast as Dimpho Mokoena in hit TV drama, The River.
5. She got a call from a casting director for the role and only had an hour to prepare before the auditions could start. As they say, the rest is history.
6. Matshepo is multi talented and has a certificate in deejaying which she acquired at Soul Candi Institute of Music.
7. The inspirational Matshepo would have loved it if South Africa’s first black president was one of her heroines, Winnie Madikizela Mandela.
8. She draws inspiration from her grandmother who was a domestic worker, and her mother who worked hard so she could have a better life.
9. Her favorite genre of music is house, and she is a dancer of note who is the life of the party at family events.
10. Although she is a great actress, Matshepo alos has some weaknesses. She says she makes the worst tea that tastes like dishwashing liquid.