Celeb News

Bianca Schoombee Pulls Out Of Miss SA Competition Following Twitter Drama

Bianca Schoombee Pulls Out Of Miss SA Competition Following Twitter Drama. The power of Twitter cannot be surpassed. Tweets that were posted as way back as six years ago have come back to haunt Miss SA hopeful Bianca Schoombee.

Tuesday night Twitter users shared tweets she posted in 2014 where she made offensive and racist remarks and used the N-word several times. Although she apologized when the tweets were dug out, Bianca could not escape the wrath of tweeps who dragged her to hell and back.

The 21 year old model who is under Sync Models have taken it upon herself to withdraw her entry from the competition. Bianca says she hopes that the decision will give her space to reconcile with the effect of who she was then and the woman she has grown to be.

Commenting on the issue, the organizers of the Miss SA pageant said that though no shortlisting of candidates had been done, as the competition was still open, their rules state that any semi-finalist or finalist may not have been involved in any unsavory or unethical incidents or conduct that may bring the organizers or the Miss South Africa pageant into disrepute.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please turn off your ad blocker first to read this article