Applications Open For The NYDA Internship programme 2020 / 2021. The South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement a business unit of the National Research Foundation, in collaboration with the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), will place successful applicants at community media organizations in specific municipalities to produce stories for broadcast online and print media about science, technology and innovation (STI).
This will include developing popular articles about specific technologies piloted in local communities, as well as Innovations developed within these communities.
Unemployed graduates (18 to 35 years of age) In science and technology, communications or journalism are invited to apply for a one-year science journalist internship opportunity.
A stipend will be paid to graduates per month as follows:
- National Diploma NQF Level 6 (R 4 500),
- Bachelor’s Degree / B Tech NOF Level 7 (R 5 000).
- Honours NOF Level 8 (R 5 500).
- Master’s NOF Level 9 (R 6 500),
- PhD NQF Level 10 (R 7 700)
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g Journalism, Communications, Science or Technology
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and organizational skill
- Writing and/or radio and television skills
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested youth, who meet the qualification requirements, are invited to submit a certified copy of their qualification, a motivational letter and a detailed CV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 22 May 2020