10 Interesting Facts About Self Taught Cobbler Ike Majadihlogo Lekgoro. Instead of waiting for opportunities, there are some inspirational youth out there creating opportunities for themselves.
One of them is Ike Majadihlogo Lekgora who is making his hobby and talent work for him. He is one of the most recognized cobblers in the country, and his brand is growing by the day.
Get inspired by this young man from the 10 interesting facts about him below.
1. Ike Majadihlogo Lekgoro, 33, is a local shoemaker from the small village of Ga-Nchabeleng in Limpopo.
2. Lekgoro is a self-taught cobbler who manufactures genuine leather shoes, leather belts, earrings, and wooden leather bags.
3. From a young age Lekgoro started mending shoes for people in his community. His is a God given talent.
4. After matriculating, he couldn’t further his studies because of lack of funds. Lekgoro was unemployed for years, and this made him take his cobbling hobby seriously.
5. In 2016 he established Tlotlego Handcrafts for the purpose of alleviating poverty through job creation and skills development.
6. Lekgoro sees shoes as a necessity and after realizing that in South Africa, there are a few people who make formal shoes, he saw the gap in the market and seized the opportunity.
7. From humble beginnings, Lekgoro has gone on to showcase his craft at different exhibitions that include Sanlam, Sarcda Trade Exhibitions, as well as Decorex.
8. Lekgoro has been granted an opportunity to study for a year at one of the leading shoemaking schools in Milano called Arsutoria but he needs financial assistance to pay fees
9. As a young businessman, his goal is to play a major role in eradication of poverty by empowering individuals with handcraft skills and talent targeting mainly individuals living with disabilities, youth and women.
10. Among other things, Lekgoro is aiming at his products reaching major retailers and also making his mark on an international platform.