Applications Open For The Independent Field Advertiser (IFA) Bursary 2020 – 2021. The Independent Field Advertiser is inviting qualified individuals to send in their applications for its IFA Bursary Programme for 2021.
The bursary award will amount to a maximum of R60 000 per year in any field of their own choosing. Bursary coverage includes:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed books
- Study equipment
- Bursary recipients must finish their studies in the minimum number of years required by the University
- A maximum of 2 (two) subjects is allowed to be repeated the following year. Fees for repeat subjects will be shouldered by the recipient
- The bursary award will be canceled if the bursar fails in more than two subjects
Applicants must meet the basic requirements listed below to be considered for the programme:
- Must be a biological child or under legal guardianship of an active IFA member
- Must be a South African citizen
- Below 21 years of age by 30 April 2020
- Must have obtained a minimum 60% grade average
- Must have reached at least 50% in Grade 11 an 12
- For university students, obtained at least 50% grade average
- Must not be a recipient of any bursary
- Must be taking up undergraduate studies. The bursary programme does not cover postgraduate courses
- Bursars are required to study at South African tertiary institutions recognized by the Department of Education
How to Apply
All qualified applicants are required to apply for admission in time with their bursary application. The IFA Bursary Programme Application Form must be downloaded and completely filled out. Lastly, the application form must be submitted by post or hand-delivered to the appropriate address listed below.
Make sure to include the supporting documents listed below:
- South African ID
- Academic records from Grade 11 and 12 or relevant progress report (if applicable)
- NSC or Matric results if the applicant is a Grade 12 graduate
- First-year students must submit a progress report
- Proof of income if parents/guardian are employed
- If guardian/parents are self-employed, a financial statement applies
- If parents/guardians are unemployed, a sworn affidavit is required
- Proof of legal guardianship, death certificate of parent/s, if applicable
- Letter of motivation from parent or guardian
Download the application form by clicking the link provided:
Send your application by post to:
The CSI Officer IFA
P.O. Box 1316
or hand deliver to:
Clientele Office Park
cor. Rivonia and Alon Roads
Or use the IFA Application Collection Box which can be found at the nearest authorized IFA Presentation Venue.
Closing Date: 30 April 2020.
All applicants will receive feedback via SMS message by 30 June 2020. Shortlisted applicants will go through an interview process. The list of successful applicants will be published on 18 January 2021.