Applications Open For The ABB SA Engineering Graduate Trainee Programme 2020. ABB South Africa is inviting suitable graduates for an opportunity to join the company’s Engineering Graduate Programme for 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Electrical Engineering – trainees will gain hands-on experience working with Switchgear Testing as well as Modular, Primary, Secondary, Service area, working and testing with mechanical and electrical designs for CAD and switchgear drawing
- Mechanical Engineering – drafting and basic design of motors, basic mechanical and electrical workings on electric motor as well as project coordination
- Control and Instrumentation – control systems, actuators and field instrumentation, DCS commissioning and design
- Industrial Engineering – Time studies, factory operations and process improvements
- Understand and live by the company’s operating philosophy which is safety and security
Candidates who meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Must hold a B Tech or BSC diploma relevant to the above fields of study
- Hungry for learning
- Able to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills
- Creative, innovative and good at problem-solving
ABB’s recruitment and selection processes vary from country to country depending on existing laws and practices. However, the company puts great weight in skills relevant to the job as well as experience while ensuring transparency and fairness for all candidates.
- Determine the open position and advertise
- Perform the initial selection
- Conduct the first interview
- Hire and onboard
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will need to create an applicant profile on the ABB jobs portal to be able to apply. Click here to get started. Use ZA73760991_E1 as the reference code to easily access the advert.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 06 March 2020.