Applications Open For The South African Translators’ Institute Bursary Programme. SATI provides bursary support to deserving students who are in financial need. The bursary is meant for students in their second, third and fourth year of studies. Bursary funding is limited and SATI selects only two of the most deserving applicants.
The bursary support is given once proof of registration at a higher education institution is submitted with half of the amount is made available on the first semester and remaining half on the second semester upon the bursar’s submission of the first semester results indicating a GPA in all language subjects not lower than 65%.
These minimum requirements must be met in order to be considered eligible to apply for this internship position:
- Must be in the second, third and fourth year of study in a higher education institution pursuing formal training in translation, language training and interpreting
- Obtained a GPA not lower than 35%
- No failing marks in any subject
Beneficiaries are chosen with the help of the following criteria:
- Must be highly likely to create a positive impact on the profession
- Must have a financial need but must able to pay total fees related to the course study for the year prior to the bursary being awarded
- Previous SATI awards
- Languages combinations
- Professional engagement
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements and criteria will need to request an application form by sending an email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 28 February 2020.