Applications Open For Y Academy. Since 2018, YFM began accepting an intake of 10 interns for nine months (April to December). Following the success of the last two years, the Y Academy will once again accept 10 interns this year. The Y Academy gives candidates a taste of what it’s like to be part of the YFM family.
- Learning about radio as a medium and art form.
- The history of the medium and where it’s going.
- How new media plays a huge role on how we operate as business today.
- The importance of personal branding, irrespective of which department you work in.
- The importance of putting the brand first in everything you do and where you are.
- The day-to-day running of the various departments (each department will have liberty to use academics as, how and when they see fit – reporting to the managers of the departments).
- How the various departments impact the on-air product and vice versa.
- Learning about why independent / exclusive content creation is the future of the medium.
- What role they play in YFM’s 2020 marketing plan.
- Breaking down the fundamentals of the Y Academy and what they are responsible and need to be accountable for.
- In-depth learning about all of YFM’s hardware and software that the company uses to conduct business on a daily basis.
- Creating content and assisting the digital and marketing team on and off-location.
- You must be between the ages of 18 – 25
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must love radio in all its forms
- You must listen to and love YFM
Applications are now open (APPLY HERE) and will close on 31 January 2020, at 23:59.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 28th of February 2020.