Applications Open For United Nations SA Project Management Internship 2020. The United Nations Environment Programme in Pretoria, South Africa is inviting passionate and qualified individuals who are interested in joining its Project Management Internship programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Project Management activities such as reinforcing execution of projects and monitoring
- Conduct various surveys and research
- Conduct outreach programmes such as awareness and communication campaigns and utilizing social media platforms to show project results
- Organize meetings and workshops
- Manage databases
- Perform other additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
Applicants will need to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Currently a graduate school student or its equivalent, or
- Currently pursuing the final academic year of undergraduate studies (at least Bachelor’s level or it’s equivalent)
- A recent Bachelor’s degree graduate (no more than one year)
- Preferably from the academic field of environmental studies
- Familiar with basic software applications
- Keen interest in interacting with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. This includes being willing to appreciate and be tolerant of differing views and opinions
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of any other official UN language is an advantage
- Able to work collaboratively with co-workers
Applicants will be evaluated based on their submitted application and in line with the internship’s evaluation criteria and internal UN policies.
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements and would like to push through with the application will need to register their name on the UNEP recruitment portal. Click here to start the application process. Make sure to follow all the instructions carefully.
The following documents must be submitted during the application process:
- A cover note that shows the degree that the applicant is currently taking up
- Date of graduation
- Skills in IT, including programmes or applications the applicant has some background with
- An explanation letter highlighting the reason/s that make you the best candidate for the internship. Also, include your keen interest in joining the United Nation’s cause
Applications will be accepted until 03 February 2020. Incomplete or late submissions will not be reviewed.