Applications Open For The Jacaranda FM News Internship Programme 2020. Jacaranda FM is in need of two (2) news interns who will be joining the station’s news team. The successful candidates will be rotating every six weeks between Jacaranda FM in Midrand and Voice of Wits 88.1 FM in Johannesburg.
In addition, the interns will be attending several short courses in radio journalism at the Wits Radio Academy, a public engagement, research and training center in the field of radio.
Jacaranda FM Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing assistance with various tasks in the news department
- Help out in the daily general operations within the newsroom
- Support journalists with compiling stories
- Conduct field and news desk reports
Voice of Wits FM Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and read daily bulletins
- Conduct field reporting
- Prepare stories for current affairs programming
- Actively participate in daily programming in news and current affairs
- Keep news content up to date in all social media platforms
- Attend various short courses at the Wits Radio Academy
Be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements listed below prior to submitting an application:
- Must hold a journalism degree (or three years National Diploma) or in any related degree
- Owns a valid driver’s license (or in the process of securing one)
- Solid English communication skills. Applicants fluent in both English and Afrikaans will be given preference
- Capable of producing quality write-ups and voice scripts over the radio
- Able to review facts, quality and accuracy of stories
- Knows how to operate field and radio recording and production equipment
- Knows how to perform minimal editing as well as multi-track mixing
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements can apply by filling out the online application form on Jacaranda FM’s recruitment portal. Click here to access the application form.
Closing Date: 23 January 2020.