Executive Producer Wanted At e.tv. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring content that is created for various channels under eMedia Investments delivers audience ratings, aligns to regulatory requirements and facilitates revenue generation.
Position reporting to the general manager: group content services, the key performance areas include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with HOD to develop editorial alignment of programmes to channel objectives.
- Creating briefs that respond to business requirements for new shows.
- Managing individual programme editorial output in line with business strategy.
- Participating in strategy sessions of Local Productions and contribute with advice on best and latest practices of programming and television.
- Business unit planning and performance fore-sighting.
- Creating Oversight.
- Daily running of original e.tv programmes.
Local Content Execution
- Participating and contributing to brainstorms and managing translation of ideas throughout the process of creating programmes.
- Appraisal and approvals of scripts and completed programmes.
- Delivering high quality of editorial output through overall creative execution of production.
- Regularly analysing viewership data and competitive trends to implement strategies to adapt to improve or grow audiences.
- Presenting at all crucial meetings where content is discussed and viewed.
- Liaise with the various networks and project teams to affect appropriate programme commentary to current affairs of the country
- Ensuring timeous programme packages are delivered according to on air requirements, technical specifications with supporting library and record-keeping material.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy working relationships with Independent Producers.
- Assuming critical liaison between the channel and content supplier.
- Demonstrating company values and foster a culture of creativity amongst peers and independent producers.
- Ensuring supporting teams are sufficiently informed to maximize on sales and marketing potential of shows.
- Having a good understanding of broadcasting codes and regulatory frameworks.
- Ensuring content complies with regulatory frameworks and guidelines, delivers to rights collection agencies.
- Monitoring compliance by independent production companies with the terms outlined in commissioning agreements
- Ensuring compliance with company policies relating to employment equity and procurement
- A relevant qualification in film, media and televsion
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role within a similar environment