Applications Open For The Sappi South Africa: Data Internship Programme 2020. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to acquire and develop essential competencies, experience and skills in data science. Moreover, the incumbent will be responsible for providing assistance to the organization in terms of various tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Provide support during Precision Forestry research endeavors including data cleaning, verification and manipulation
- Process high volumes of large volumes of remotely sensed data sets as well as providing support with output validation and quality control
- Support Precision Forestry during operational activities covering project support as well as operational staff training
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the programme’s minimum requisites listed below in order to qualify:
- Holds a matric or Grade 12 qualification
- Must have completed qualification in any of the following:
- Remote Sensing
- Computer Science
- any relevant qualification
- Good working knowledge of MS Office apps such as PowerPoint, Word, Outlook or Excel
- Basic background in programming languages such as R, Python or GIS
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Sappi employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present and the most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperworks and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How To Apply
To apply, you need to create an account on the company’s careers page. Click here to access the page and fill out the form. If you already have an account set up, simply log in and select the appropriate programme from the list to get started with the application process.
Closing Date: 13 November 2019.