Applications Open For The Distell Chemical Engineering Internship Programme 2020. Distell South Africa is currently offering its Chemical Engineering Internship Programme in one of its facilities in Western Cape.
The internship is designed to allow Chemical Engineering students in their last year of study to acquire work related experience, especially those who are required to obtain such work experience as a requisite prior to completion of their study.
As Chemical Engineering Interns, the successful candidates will gain exposure in the following areas:
- Plant Operation: Pots Distillation, Columns Distillation and RO
- Plant Maintenance
- Lab Analysis
- General administrative assistance
- Utilities and Facilities
- Process optimization
- Problem solving
- Loss control
- Projects execution
To be eligible for admission to the internship, you will need to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be in th efinal year of Chemical Engineering qualification
- Exceptional academic standing
- Requires practical or service work experience
- Computer literate and knows how to use MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Solid presentation and communication capabilities
- Capable of effective time management
- Able to multi-task and deliver results under pressure
- An excellent team player
- A driver’s license holder is a plus
- Must have access to reliable mode of transport
- Able to beat deadlines
- Amenable to working beyond office hours on weekends and weekdays
- Must be a Worcester resident or willing to move to the area
- A citizen of South Africa
Interested applicants who meet all the minimum requisites will need to create an account on Distell’s recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here to get started. If you already have an account, simply log in and apply.
Upon successfully setting up an account, use the job reference code 16262 to pull up the job advert.
- Letter of motivation/cover letter
- A comprehensive and up to date CV
- Certified true copy of tertiary education academic record
- Certified true copy of Grade 12 results
- Recommendation letter from tertiary institution
- Format for evaluation (submitted to tertiary institution)
- Certified true copies of identity documents
Closing Date: 22 November 2019.