Applications Open For The University of Witwatersrand Data Management Internship 2020. The University of Witwatersrand is looking for three (3) qualified individuals to fill its Data Management Internship Programme for 2020.
The successful Data Management Interns will be working at the University’s Faculty of Health, particularly at the MRC-Wits Rural Public and Helath Transitions Research Unit.
- To gain knowledge and provide support to the maintenance, development and management of the team’s data system.
Moreover, these responsibilities will be fulfilled by the interns by performing the following tasks:
- Contribute and support the development and improvement of data entry tools, data extraction, quality control and analysis
The Data Entry Management Internship will run for a period of six months with the option to extend depending on the intern’s work performance. Successful candidates will be assigned rural Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga Province.
As Data Management interns, the successful candidates will be part of a resilient and brilliant team working to address some of South Africa’s health and development challenges.
Candidates who meet the programme’s minimum requirements are eligible to apply:
- Holds a national diploma or first degree in a Computer Scienc/Information Technology related subject or
- Holds a national diploma in epidemiology or demography
- Must be a Bushbuckridge district resident or willing to move to the area
- Wiling to acquire knowledge of IT related subjects
- Must have basic knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, MS SQL Server, programming languages such as .NET (c#, vb.net, or other programming language
Shortlisted applicants will take a proficiency exam on the basic knowledge of above-mentioned programmes.
Click the link to view the University of Witwatersrand Data Management Internship Programme advert.
How To Apply
If you meet the basic requirements of the programme, submit the following documents:
- Up to date and comprehensive CV
- Include names, phone numbers and email addresses of two (2) traceable character references
- Certified copies of your qualifications
All applications must be sent via email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019, 4:30 PM.