Applications Open For The University of Pretoria Equine Medicine and Surgery Internship Programme 2020. The Equine Medicine and Surgery Internship Programme is a 12-month internship opportunity offered by the Faculty of Veterinary Science of the university’s Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies.
This internship offer is for junior veterinarians who are looking to acquire more experience in equine medicine or surgery as well as learn from the best in the field.
One candidate will be chosen and will participate for the purpose of acquiring experience in the following areas:
- Conduct clinical service in a number of sections within the Department as well as a weekend and 24-hour service
- Perform administrative duties in line with clinical work
- Provide assistance with clinicians
- Participate in community projects
Applicants are to ensure they meet the programme’s minimum requirements before applying for the internship opportunity.
- Must have a degree in Bachelor of Veterinary or BVMCh, or a relevant veterinary qualification
- A registered member of the South African Veterinary Council
- Proven clinical expertise
- Good subject background of equine medicine and surgery
- Valid working visa
- Suitable communication and language skills
- Able to work after hours
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computers, MS Office and internet research
- Dedication to further studies and academic development
View the University of Pretoria Equine Medicine and Surgery Internship Programme advert by clicking here.
How To Apply
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on the University’s careers page in order to apply. Click here to get started.
Be sure to ready the following documents that you need to upload during the application process:
- An up to date and comprehensive CV
- Certified true copy of qualification
- Names of three referees with corresponding telephone numbers and email addresses
Closing Date: 22 October 2019.
Late applications or ineligible applicants will not be considered. Consider your application as unsuccessful if no feedback is received by 30 November 2019.