Applications Open For The UN Global Compact Internship Programme 2020. The United Nations Global Compact South African Regional Hub is opening its Internship Programme to suitable and interested individuals to send in their applications and qualify.
The UNGC Internship Programme runs for a period of three to six months where the successful intern will have an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience and working knowledge of an international organization’s communications and community engagement processes as well as the unique aspects of corporate social responsibility in South Africa.
The key duties and responsibilities of the UNGC Intern are as follows:
- Provide support with daily operational tasks such as continuous coordination and communications with Global Compact affiliates in Africa
- Assist in special events/activities connected to African GCNs e.g. regional meetings, the Annual Local Network Forum and more
- Provide support with collection and management of organizational data sourced from local networks
- Support adherence to prescribed Local Network good governance and quality standards (e.g. Regional Network Council presentations, meeting agendas and quarterly communications
- Provide support with the design and execution of Global Compact initiatives in Africa including drafting presentation, meeting agendas and concept notes
To qualify, you will need to meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Pursuing last year of qualification for a Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, Law or other related studies or
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or
- A recent graduate (no more than a year) from a Master’s degree course or equivalent studies
- Possesses an understanding of African corporate sustainability as well as private sector development
- Knowledge of Africa is an advantage
- Knowledgeable in using standard computer software tools
- Demonstrated strong interest in UN works and believes in the principles of the Charter
- Proven ability to effectively interact with people from various cultural backgrounds and willing to understand have tolerance to varying views and opinions
- Proficient in the English language
- Knowledge of other common African languages and French is an advantage
- Must be able to furnish proof of enrollment in a health insurance
Click the link to view the UNGC Global Compact Internship Programme advert.
How do I apply?
If you meet the prescribed minimum qualifications and would like to pursue this internship opportunity, click on the link below and completely fill out the online application form:
Closing Date: 20 September 2019