Applications Open For The Stellenbosch Municipality Finance Internship Programme 2019 / 2020. The successful incumbent will report to the Manager: Budget & Costing.
A relevant 3 year B-degree or national diploma with Accounting, Finance, Internal Audit or Economics as majors.
- Sound written and oral communication skills on two of the three officials languages of the Western Cape (English, Afrikaans, Xhosa)
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Computer Literacy
- Willingness for continuous career growth and learning
- Practical experience
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Responsibilities / Duties
- The intern must work for the Council as part of the learning process.
- Be available for and participate in all learning and work experience required by the internship
- Comply with the work place policies and procedures of the Council
- Complete any daily logs or any written assessment tools supplied by the Council to record relevant workplace experience
- Attend all study period and theoretical learning sessions, also after hours(evenings and / Saturdays) with the education and training provider
- Undertake all learning conscientiously and maintain professional portfolio of evidence in accordance with the guidelines
- Complete and maintain a professional portfolio of evidence in accordance with the guidelines.
Preference will be given to candidates between the ages of 18 and 35
How to Apply
Your application, accompanied by a covering letter, a comprehensive CV and the details of three (3) contactable referees, must be posted to:
Human Resource Management Services at Stellenbosch Municipality, P.O. Box 17, Stellenbosch, 7599
Or hand delivered and dropped in the application box at Ecclesia Building, 71 Plein Street, Stellenbosch. No e-mails or faxes will be accepted.
Job related enquiries: Mr Vinolan Narainsamy 021808 8526