Applications Open For The NW Government Medicine Bursary Programme in Cuba 2019. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to study Medicine in Cuba.
Candidates must have passed Matric with minimum medical university entry requirements such as:
- Physical Science = 4
- Mathematics = 4
- Biology / Life Sciences = 4
- English = 4
- Only candidates with endorsement for a degree/diploma will be considered.
- Must be less than 25 years of age before 31 December of the year of recruitment.
- Must be physically and medically fit.
- Applicants must be South African Citizens but resident in the North West Province.
- Applicants must have a valid passport or must have applied for one at the time of application: proof of application must be attached.
- Successful candidates shall sign a contract with the Department before departure Applicants must note that the Medical Training in Cuba is preceded by a 12 months of Spanish tuition course.
- Successful candidates must be committed to undertaking an orientation to South African conditions upon their return, before deployment in the Province.
- Successful candidates must be committed to working in the most underserved areas of the Province upon completion of their studies or being placed anywhere in the Province.
- It is the Department’s prerogative to place students and has the final say in the posting.
- Students already studying or have obtained a tertiary qualification will not be considered.
- Students with criminal records will not be accepted
Application forms are obtainable from any Health Department’s Districts and Sub-District Offices or from the Provincial Office (Mmabatho) at New Office Park (behind The Crossing Mall) 3801 Cnr. Sekame & Ist Street, Office No: 249, HRD Unit, Second Floor.
Enquiries: Ms Lebogang Rapholo , Tel: 018 391 4478
How to Apply
All application must be directed for the attention of Mr. G B Msinga, and can be hand-delivered at the Department of Health, 2nd Floor, Office 247, New Office Park (behind The Crossing Mall) 3801 Cnr. Sekame & Ist Streets, or Posted to Private Bag X 2068, Mmabatho 2735. Districts may also collect applications and submit on or before the closing date.
Closing Date: 14 June 2019