A one year BSc bridging course (introduction to meteorology) followed by honours in meteorology and a postgraduate certificate in weather forecasting
- A three year BSc degree with suitable major subjects such as Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Physics
- Oceanography or Meteorological related subjects,
- Mathematics on level 2 and Physics on level 1.
The course will include a range of meteorological courses. The students will study at the University of Pretoria . This course will start in February 2019. On successful completion of the course selected students will have an opportunity to study the BSc meteorology Honours course and the post graduate certificate in Weather Forecasting as stipulated by the South Africa.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (1ST, 2ND, 3RD OR HONOURS YEAR) – (REF.WS 11 / 10 / 2018), is offering Bursaries for study towards the following
- Agro – Meteorology
- Air Quality
- Atmospheric Science
- Please note all degrees must include Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- Applicants that have a letter of confirmation from the university may apply.
- Applicants that are already registered with the university must provide proof of registration.
- Candidates with a Grade 12 (Matric) certificate with a 70% for Mathematics and Phys ical Science are invited to apply for bursaries.
- Your application must include the acceptance letter from the University into the relevant course.
BEng / BSc(Eng) · ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Applications are invited from students who are currently studying second year/third year level at the university and they are required to provide proof of studying . Applicants that are already registered with the university must provide proof of registration and statement of results
How to Apply
Forward the application to: The CEO, the South African Weather Service, Private Bag X097, Pretoria 0001, for the attention of Ms. Gugu Maphisa . Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
NB. For interview purposes applicants should please quote the specific reference mentioned for each of the different adverts.
Enquiries should be directed to Ms. Gugu Maphisa (012 367 6085), email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 October 2018