Applications Open For The Pick n Pay: Industrial Engineering Internship Program 2019. Pick n Pay is calling Industrial Engineering graduates to be trained up in Transport Planning and TMS Roles. the position will reports to: National Transport Planning Manager.
- Grade 12
- Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Familiar with roads throughout Gauteng
- Ad hoc travel to other DCs required
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
- Ensure integration between demand planning function and warehouse operations by focusing on planning of volumes of normal, promo stock related to inbound vendors compared to stock holding capacity in DC should equal to outbound dispatch transport plan
- Adaptable – frequent changes to plans to meet operational requirements
- Work in non-structured environment of stakeholders
- Creating own structures
- Managing expectations
- Planning and organising
- Emotional Intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Meticulous / detail orientated
- Pursuing learning opportunities and self-development
- Confidence and self-assured
- Challenge the status quo
Competency based interviews and assessment will be conducted for the above requirements during different phases of process
Closing Date: 18 September 2018