10 Ways To Balance Work And Home Consistently. One of the keys to overall success and maturity is developing a consistent inner core of values and a personality style for work, home and relationships. Smart, professional women at work often use successful techniques in their career that would also succeed at home.
Work Techniques For Home
1. Be clear about your expectations, tasks and job assignments.Specify the task with details.
2. Write expectations out and post them where they can be read.
3. Give praise when a person has done a task well. Make sure you praise in person and in public. about what you didn’t like or what went wrong. Be sure to include a solution, invite input and restate the task.
5. Give intermittent positive feedback to increase motivation. For example, when your partner does something you like, praise him for the first several times. Then skip a few praises before you praise again. Repeat. This method creates inner motivation in others, and they begin to do the right things because it makes them feel good.
Home Techniques for Work – Especially for Bosses
1. Say hello to all key employees. Know their names and at least one thing about each. Be sure to attend some of the office celebrations for employees.
2. Share something a little personal that doesn’t feel too intimate. For example, you might tell a funny story about what happened on your family vacation.
3. Put family photos in your office. Talk a little about your children or partner.
4. Give negative feedback in private to an employee or colleague. Never diminish a person in front of others.
5. Praise in private and public. People like to feel appreciated, recognized and included.