Graphic Designer Wanted At Stellenbosch University. The Stellenbosch University Corporate Communication Division is looking for a graphic designer. The Graphic Designer will report to the Deputy Director: Corporate Brand Identity.
The purpose of the role is to create visual concepts and presentations by designing visual solutions for a variety of platforms and media. This includes websites, social media, publications, reports, collateral, advertisements, corporate brand identity promotional items, etc. in support of the Institutional Intent and Strategy and the division’s Integrated Communication Strategy.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that determine the message that the design should portray;
- Planning and preparing work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials, studying information and materials, and illustrating concepts by designing layout of art and copy regarding format, type, size and style, and related aesthetic elements in collaboration with relevant team members;
- Presenting and providing rationale for designs and key milestone deliverables;
- Executing all visual design stages, from concept to final sign-off, in collaboration with relevant team members;
- Managing multiple projects with critical deadlines;
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards;
- Training and overseeing basic graphic design work elements performed by other members of the team.
- A degree in graphic design or other relevant qualification, as well as three years’ relevant experience;
- Approximately three years’ proven experience in a communication, brand and/or marketing environment;
- Experience of liaising with external agencies;
- Proven skills in converting a design brief into a creative design application;
- Knowledge of the development of corporate branding, corporate identity and the application thereof;
- Knowledge of production processes, including design, layout, printing and digital publications;
- Experience in creating digital design solutions;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good networking and relationship building;
- Planning, organizing and coordinating;
- Ability to function effectively in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- Exceptional capability in designing with the full Adobe Creative Suite of programs, including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Willingness and availability to work irregular hours and travel (valid driver’s license).
- Knowledge of the higher education landscape.
Commencement of duties: 1 January 2018
Closing Date: 15 November 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Ms. Farieda Miller on 021 808 9611
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers