SAPS Opens 160 Internships (2018). South African Police Service South African Police Service The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed youth who conform to the requirements for a twelve month internship program. The internship program is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 and 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of Senior Certificate ( Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Must have no criminal record (s)
- Applicants must be unemployed and never participated in an internship program previously
- Applicants must be residents of the province where the post is advertised ( p roof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for 3 positions only (to complete an application for each Ref Number)
- Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
- Student Intern: Need practical experience in order to finalize qualification
- Matric Intern: Senior Certificate (Grade 12) no tertiary qualification is required.
How To Apply
- Only the official application form for the internship program (available on DPSA and SAPS website ) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vita e must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application.
- Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e – mailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening and reference checking. .
- Applications must be mailed timeously.
- Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for all applications is 2017 – 09 – 22 at 16h00 .
- If a n applicant is short listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview.
- Short listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Internship program in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract
NB: Stipend for each category will be as determined by the National Commissioner: South African Police Service