Although his sister is doing great thing in South Africa’s entertainment scene, Zamani is also holding his own. He is slowly winning the hearts of Mzansi as he unleash his acting skills. He might be relatively new, but the following facts about him will blow your mind.
1. Zamani Mbatha grew up KwaMashu, KwaZulu-Natal, in a very big family. He and his 8 siblings were raised by their single mother.
2. Growing up Zamani dreamt of being an international soccer career.
3. The acting came as a back up plan should he not make it as a soccer player.
4. The acting bug bit him when he was inspired by young local actors such as Sdumo Mtshali, Abdul Khoza and Pallance Dladla.
5. When he got an opportunity to audition for Isithembiso, he grabbed it with both hands and gave it his all, beating all other hopefuls.
6. As much as Nomzamo is his sister and she’s made her mark in the industry, Zamani points out that there is in no way she helped her get onto Isithembiso.
7. He says Nomzamo has always been his inspiration. His sister makes it easier by playing a role of a strong and intelligent woman who has always been by his side.
8. About his character in Isithembiso, Zamani believes he shares some of the traits and have similarities more than differences.
9. Zamani wants to go back to school and back up his natural talent with a qualification to ensure longevity.
10. The talented actor is taking 2017 as a gap year to find myself and my true passion