|Remuneration:||R24000 – R28000 per month Cost to company|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Type:||Contract Fixed Term|
Personal assistant to MD
A one year fixed term contract with a strong possibility of becoming permanent position based on company and employee performance. This is for a well-known commercial radio station.
Provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the MD, helping him to manage and prioritise his time. You will be responsible for providing full secretarial assistance to the management team during absences to ensure a high level of service is maintained. This position will be of key importance within the organisation and the successful candidate must have previous secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced customer-facing environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise your workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
Duties and/ or tasks:
- Diary management
- Email management and prioritising
- Own correspondence and prepare correspondence on behalf of MD
- Keep a daily folder with diary highlights, necessary documents and other relevant materials
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD, with the assistance of the company secretary and financial manager all staff, EXCO, board, audit and REMCO meetings
- Minutes of meetings
- Travel arrangements
- Carefully screen all telephonic and emailed correspondence for MD and handle personally where possible
- Brief and prepare MD for upcoming engagements
- Adequately prepare the agenda for relevant meetings and monitor progress of matters arising with meeting attendees timeously
- Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of
- Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports
- Coordinate the receipt and compilation of monthly management reports, then prepare and summarise these reports for the MD
- Prepare meeting packs and deliver to attendees timeously
- Manage office support staff like housekeeping and reception
- Troubleshooting and ad hoc duties
- Attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
Kindly submit a comprehensive CV with remuneration and reference details. PDF CVs will not be accepted. Must be in Word format.
Clearly indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. CVs not indicating the job title will not be considered.
- Confidentiality and maturity to retain key information and knowledge obtained from exposure to high level communications and meetings
- Be aware of health and safety standards; along with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Ideally educated to degree level (or similar tertiary education will be considered)
- A minimum of four years PA/secretarial experience at a senior level
- Shorthand/minute taking skills and excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
- Attention to detail is vital
- Good computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, advanced Outlook skills)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright, confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Willing to travel
- Willing to responsibly manage MDs professional life with all that entails
- A second language or an understanding of another language outside of English, such as Sotho, Tswana or Zulu