Marjorie Langa is best known for her role as Gloria in ETV’s popular soapie Scandal!. Scandal! fans love Gloria’s gossiping ways and the constant poking of her nose in other people’s affairs. But in real life Marjorie Langa is a far cry from her e.tv soapie character many viewers love to hate.
Check out the following 10 things you probably didn’t know about the talented actress.
1. She has a degree in medical technology and she spent six years of her life working as a microbiologist.
2. In real life, Marjorie is quiet, rather shy but not meek. Privately, she’s a reserved person.
3. Langa is a qualified lab technician but only practised for six years in this profession because the acting bug kept biting her.
4. She was born in Mokopane, Limpopo but grew up in Kagiso, on the West Rand.
5. She completed her primary education at St Ursula Convent in Krugersdorp and went back to Limpopo for her high schooling at Capricorn High.
6. Her big break came when she was called to audition for e.tv’s eKasi: Our Stories eight years ago. It was after she had had cameo roles in Generations and Isidingo.
7. She was then called to audition for the role of Gloria that she started enjoying acting to the fullest.
8. Reflecting on her Scandal! role, she said she envied her character at times because Gloria does things she would never do in real life.
9. Among the roles Langa had played on television was a matron in Huis van Liefde season 1 and Mampho in eKasi: Our Stories season 4.
10. In addition, she played Kittie in the comedy drama Streets of Mangaung season 1 and played Mrs Mkhize in Tshisa season 2.