Department Arts & Culture-Bursaries
The Department of Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries from students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes. The bursary will fund undergraduate studies only. The bursary is available for strictly 30 outstanding academic performers.
• South African citizenship
• Financially needy
• NB: 2016 Proof of registration at an institution of higher learning.
AVAILABLE FIELDS OF STUDY:
• Archaeology (Marine, etc.)
• Archives and records management
• Conservation of the Built Environment
• Conservation and Preventive Conservation
• Collections (Cultural and Natural) Management
• Heritage Resources Management
• Museum Management and Curatorship
• Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
BURSARY VALUE OFFERED:
• Maximum up to R70 000
• NB: Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning.
APPLICATION REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
The following documents must accompany the application:
• Certified copy of ID document
• Certified copy of the salary statement or affidavit (if not working) of your parents/guardians
• Certified copy of Grade 12 results
• If you were already studying at a university in 2015 – latest results / academic record.
Application forms can be obtained from the offices of the Department of Arts and Culture, 5th Floor, 481 Kingsley Centre, corner Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria or online Bursary Application Forms Completed application forms together with certified copies of necessary documents should be sent to: the Heritage Bursaries, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001 or applications can also be hand delivered to: Heritage Bursaries, 481 Kingsley Centre, 5th Floor, corner Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, Pretoria.
Enquiries regarding the bursary applications should be sent to bursary2015@dac. gov.za or 012 441 3476 / 0.
The closing date for submission of applications is 26 February 2016 at 16h30.
Please Note: Should you not receive a response from the Department within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
No late applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 26 February 2016 at 16:30