The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened online applications for 2016 financial aid for poor and deserving students from 17 August 2015 and will close on 30 November 2015.
WHO MAY APPLY FOR NSFAS FUNDING?
• Grade 12 learners from poor and working class families who cannot afford to pay for their studies
• Eligible students who were not funded in the previous years
• Eligible Students who were funded in the previous years, but not funded in 2015
- University of South Africa
- Durban University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Venda
- Sol Plaatjie University
- University of Mpumalanga
SELECTED TVET COLLEGES:
- King Hintsa TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- Ekhurhuleni East College.
NSFAS students funded for 2015 need not to apply. However, NSFAS will obtain academic results to assess their eligibility for the continued funding in the 2016 academic year.
To apply, students are encouraged to complete an online application form and submit relevant supporting documents before the closing date online.
Application can be submitted online at:
Closing date for students wishing to study at UNISA will close on 30 September 2015 to allow NSFAS to process and evaluate UNISA applicants in time for early registration phase. NSFAS will announce outcome of applications via SMS or email after the closing dates.
For further assistance, applicants can contact NSFAS Contact Centre on 0860067327.