Applicants are invited to apply to study towards the Diploma in Nursing (Midwifery, Community and Psychiatry) in 2016 at one of the Gauteng Nursing Colleges:
- Ann Latsky Nursing College
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- SG Lourens Nursing College
- Must be South African citizen
- 35 of age or younger
- Resides in Gauteng
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates: A senior Certificate or A national Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health
The following subject criteria are required
- Senior Certificate: English HG (D) or SG (c) / Biology HG (D) or SG (c) and an M score of 15
- National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health: Fundamental subjects 50% and Vocational subjects 60%
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 marks
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
♠ Problem solving ability ♠ Patience ♠ Love of People ♠ Organisational Ability ♠ Leadership Ability ♠ Flexibility ♠ A sense of humour ♠ Calmness during a crisis ♠ Communication, numeracy and life skills ♠ Computer literacy ♠ Study skills ♠ Honesty ♠ Compassionate and caring individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty, weekends and public holidays are invited to apply for a limited Student Nurse posts.
All shortlisted candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further shortlisting an interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical surveillance, including a medical examination and security verification of all documentation.
NOTE: Applicants will be required to submit documents as proof of identification, marital status, school leaving certificates, post-school qualifications and South African Nursing Council registration certifications and receipts as relevant.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED: To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to serve a year for every year spent in training ♠ To attend lectures to absorb essential information ♠ To gain invaluable experience by working shifts, including public holidays, Weekends and nights ♠ To work in hospitals and clinics in the following disciplines: General, psychiatric, community and midwifery.
ENQUIRIES: Call Centre: 0860 428 8364 / Ms K Mngomezulu, tel. (011) 355 3514 or Ms P Naidoo, tel. (011) 355 3847
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online on the following website:http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
It is our intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the appointment of student nurses in January 2016 for the -4 year diploma in Nursing leading to registration as a Nurse (General, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwife (Gov R425).
CLOSING DATE: 15 MAY 2015