Most of us recognize him from the hit single All eyes on me which he was featured on by AKA. Burna Boy is a reggae-dancehall singer and songwriter who has set the standards high with his unique sound. After coming to lime light, Burna Boy’s talent scored him hits like ‘Abeg Abeg Abeg’, followed by ‘Like To Party’ that brought him the nationwide popularity and the signing of endorsement deal with one of Nigeria’s Telecommunications giants, Globacom as ‘Glo Ambassador’.
Take a look at the following things that you might have thought you knew about Burna Boy…..
1. His real name is Damini Ogulu
2. Burna Boy is 23 years old and he was born in the year 1991 on the 2nd of July.
3. People say he is difficult to work with but he says that he is misunderstood
4. He has 160 unreleased music material.
5. He has two little siblings and they are girls.
6. He aspires to be as great as Jay Z
7. He is from the South side of Nigeria and he moved to Lagos in 2012.
8. He started doing music professionally in 2010 when he was 19 years old.
9. He once broke his leg and rib after falling off stage during a performance.
10. He got his first tattoo when he was 15 and he says tatooes are a representative of him. He has more than 12 tattoos and he has a tattoo of Fela Kuti on his arm.
11. His grandfather was Fela Kuti’s manager
12. He is a huge fan of cartoons and comedy
13. He likes Wizboy and Wizkid.
14. He says his greatest achievement would be to win a Grammy Award.
15. His first album sold 50 000 copies on the first day of release.
16. He says awards don’t really mean anything to him as an artist.
17. He looks up to Fela Kuta , Sizzla Kalonji and 2Face.
18. He was an ambassador for Head Honcho , a South African clothing brand.
19. Burna Boy said he was looking at launching his own company at the start of 2014. (During an interview with the net in 2013).
20. His collaboration with AKA and Da Les and JR is one of the biggest collaborations of his career.