NGOs, NPOs and CBOs looking for Funding for Your Arts and Culture Projects can Apply today!
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport is making funding available for arts and culture projects and programmes.
Who Can Apply?
Registered NGOs, NPOs and CBOs (excluding close corporations) that are involved in the visual arts and the performing arts, eg music, dance, drama, literary arts, crafts, the humanities and youth development, can apply for funding for their arts and culture projects, programmes and productions at festivals.
How Will Funds be Allocated?
Funding will be provided to applicants who strive to develop the performing and creative arts with:
- Feasible and consistent programmes.
- Skills development, mentoring and the pairing of new entrants.
- The creation or conceptualisation of innovative projects.
- Works showcasing potential at cultural festivals.
- Emphasis on women, the youth and people with disabilities.
- Quality artistic and creative projects.
- The development of indigenous works.
- Products and performance of excellence.
Request for project funding applications from Arts and Culture Organisations in the Western Cape:
How to Apply
You will need to submit the following documents along with your application:
- Latest financial statements/audited financial statements.
- Business plan/proposal.
- The constitution or founding articles of the organisation.
- The signed form from the auditor.
- Bank-stamped form stating banking details.
- Verifying letter (on letterhead of organisation) confirming that effective, efficient and transparent financial management is practiced by the organisation in terms of financial accountability regarding the Public Finance management Act (PFMA) section 38 (j).
The available minutes of the latest AGM (Annual General Meeting).
Closing Date:Friday, 27 March 2015 at 16:00.
No late applications will be considered.
Submitted applications are not guaranteed funding.