The Trust is looking to recruit a suitable candidate to ensure that all loveLifestyle programmes are implemented at the Y-Centre so as to meet programme targets and maintain programme quality, in line with National HIV-prevention and Youth Leadership objectives.The successful applicant would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- groundBREAKER and Mpintshi support
- Recruit, select and induct groundBREAKERS in line with National recruitment guidelines
- Implement festivals and events to recruit, register, and retain Mpintshis (with groundBREAKERS)
- Develop, implement and manage groundBREAKER and Mpintshi personal development plans
- Conduct regular face-to-face meetings with groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis.
- Assist groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis in gaining access to schools for programme implementation.
- Evaluate and give regular feedback on sessions conducted by groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis in school.
- Track groundBREAKER and Mpintshi performance against targets and give regular feedback to them and the Programmes Manager.
- Ensure programme implementation is appropriately targeted and keep records of targeted youth reached.
- Implement and coordinate travel reimbursement system for groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis in accordance with loveLife financial management system.
- Capacity building of groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis
- Working with the Workplace learning coordinator, ensure that all necessary capacity building interventions for groundBREAKERS are implemented
- Plan for and coordinate participation of groundBREAKERS in set training activities
- Conduct relevant and appropriate capacity building intervention based on need
- Programme Implementation & Outreach activities
- Assist groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis to conduct a community mapping exercise for their location and have this visibly displayed at the Y-Centre
- Lead the implementation of identified and relevant loveLifestyle programmes in the Y-Centre as guided by the set programme implementation plan from the Programmes Manager
- Work with Y-Centre groundBREAKERS and Mpintshis to implement relevant outreach activities within the Y-Centre immediate surroundings
- Marketing, Advocacy and Lobbying
- Develop and implement an Outreach & Marketing Strategy in line with the National Strategy;
- Identify all stakeholders within the Y-Centre surroundings (local government, corporates, community based organisations and non-governmental organisations;
- Actively participate in relevant community forums to promote youth issues;
- Relationship Management- Ensure effective communication with programme partners and relevant stakeholders
- Provide partnership management reports to the Programmes Manager highlighting all successes and challenges related to programme partnerships
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Research- Ensure all monitoring tools are completed accurately and submitted on time.
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (or equivalent)
- 3 years relevant community development experience
- Project Management
- Strong Community Development Background
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Basic Financial Management Skills
- Advanced Computer Literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Driver’s License required & Willingness to travel
- Report writing skills
Total remuneration package: R110 205 CTC p.a
Please forward a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: recruit at lovelife dot org dot za: to reach loveLife National Offices no later than 12 January 2015.
Please note that:
1. The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
2. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
3. PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL