Sanlam is looking for a Trainee Underwriters in Johannesburg and Belliville for their Sanlam Personal Finance business unit, which provides clients in the entry, middle, affluent and self-employed markets in South Africa with a comprehensive range of financial service solutions to facilitate their long term wealth creation, protection and niche financing needs
Sanlam Personal Finance: New Business Underwriting plays a pivotal role in ensuring a long-term mutually beneficial relationship between the client and Sanlam.
Through a structured training program, the Trainee underwriter will learn about our underwriting philosophy, business unit products, strategies and options available to our clients. The training will begin by handling renewal business under the supervision of an underwriter and will progress to assess new business cases. The Trainee Underwriter will develop critical underwriting skills through classroom, independent and on-the job training. With commitment and perseverance, the Trainee Underwriter can progress to a level of a Chief Underwriter which is very senior position within Sanlam.
Trainees will be taught the following underwriting skills:
• Risk assessment by gathering and reviewing information based on financial, occupation, medical and part-time activities of clients and companies.
• Assess risk from Personal and/or Business cover.
• Assessments based on Actuarial mortality.
• Establish, support and maintain effective relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate will desire a position that is both analytical and marketing-orientated and must be in possession of:
• Matric with Biology & Mathematics
• Recent completion or to be completed in 2014 of a B Com Honours degree in Financial Accounting or Finance and Investments or Risk Management & Insurance
• A good understanding of medical terminology will be advantageous
• Insurable interests
• Business structures
• Financial deals that require cover to lessen the risk of the provider of the finance
• Application of valuation methods and interpreting financial statements.
• The following behavioral competences will result in a best fit:
• Analytical skills & Problem solving orientation
• Concern for accuracy
• Adaptability – constant changing environment
• Building customer loyalty
• Results driven
• Continuous learning
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) in order to handle telephonic enquiries
• Team player
How to Apply?
To Apply Click HERE for Johannesburg
To Apply Click HERE for Cape town