Closing Date: 24 October 2014
HEARD has a global reputation as a leading applied research centre that brings together interdisciplinary teams to solve complex health problems as well as train the next generation of African health leaders. The centre is a self-funded organisation based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal that conducts research on the socio-economic aspects of public health, especially the African HIV and AIDS pandemic. We have an Africa-wide mandate with research applicable across the region that impacts on regional policies and programmes.
This post is ideally suited to a recent graduate, however we will consider applications from those who will graduate in early 2015.
HEARD’s internship programme is designed to integrate and complement your academic studies by providing you with the opportunity to participate in programme-related research. We inspire interest and draw out passion for research by providing a firm foundation for your career. We are currently offering reseacch internships in 3 of our 4 programmes:
• Health System Strengthening,
• Disability, Health and Livelihoods, and
• Gender Equality and Health
• Participation in the conceptualisation and execution of research projects, the formulation of research questions and writing proposals;
• Assisting with the submission of research proposals;
• Collection and analysis of data;
• Writing up of research results, research reports and manuscripts for publication;
• Presenting at conferences;
• Research administration of research project activities.
• Achievement- You are eager to learn and inspired to bring about change and impact through research.
• Professional – You have a Masters qualification (Economics, Development Studies, Psychology or related fields). Strong quantitative OR qualitative analytical skills.
• Commitment – We are looking for recent graduates to start as soon as possible. We will consider applications from those graduating early 2015. The position is full time with local travel from time to time. A driver’s license would be preferred.
• Salary: We offer a competitive salary, with a 13th cheque on completion of your internship.
How to Apply?
Click HERE to download the application forms, please note on the application which programme/s is of interest and include 2 referee reports. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. Applications may be emailed or posted to:
University of KwaZulu-Natal, Westville Campus
Durban, South Africa