Closing Date: 31 October 2014
Allan Gray has a vacancy for a Trainee Investment Analyst join them in Cape Town. The Allan Gray investment team typically numbers 15 to 20 people (including analysts and portfolio managers). This is small in comparison to the large number of applications we receive from smart, ambitious and hard-working young people. Most applications to join the investment team are unsuccessful, but we are always looking for exceptional candidates.
• To research and analyse shares listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in order to identify investment opportunities from which Portfolio Managers can make decisions, thereby adding value to clients’ portfolios.
• To provide possible buy-list options to Portfolio Managers by applying the Allan Gray investment philosophy and identifying suitable investment opportunities.
• To improve the quality of Portfolio Managers decision-making process by developing detailed valuation and earnings models on appropriate shares.
• To facilitate the buy-list compilation by generating a written report for the Policy Group that is based on your research findings and workings.
• To ensure continuity of research and knowledge management by maintaining accurate and detailed records of research used in the identification of investment opportunities
• Should have completed an Accounting qualification with articles; OR
• Business (with Accountancy and Finance) degree and a minimum of 2-3 years consulting or financial services experience; OR
• Engineering degree with a minimum of 2-3 years work experience; OR
• Actuarial Science or Maths degree with a minimum of 2-3 years work experience; OR
• Financial or related degree with Investment Banking work experience
Skills/Competencies and experience
• Well-developed analytical ability
• Demonstrated interest in investing or financial markets
• Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written
• Computer literacy – advanced Excel skills
How to Apply?
To Apply Click HERE