Coega has an Apprenticeship Automation Technician (EE) Opportunity.Matric with maths and science is one of the main requirements for this opportunity. Visit YOUTH VILLAGE to apply.
Minimum Required Qualification
• Matric with Mathematics and Science
• N2 Electronics/ Instrumentation / Automation / Electrical Certificate from Technical Collage
• Electrical/electronic/digital systems background advantageous
• Good verbal, written communication, computer literacy skills, time management, attention to details.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Learn and Support Automation technician with all PLC automation and HMI/SCADA integration
• Support the maintenance of all electrical machinery and instrumentation
• Support automation technician with all automation projects and general technical support functions
• Assist with development, maintenance and improvement of PLC and HMI programs as per Process, Production and Operational requirements.
• Assist with scheduling all automation-related checks, preventive maintenance, regular calibrations and installations as per standards and requirements.
• Support utility management to ensure optimum plant availability.
• Assist with instrumentation and electrical equipment repairs/maintenance.
• Assist with management of automation parts procurement and utilization of critical and non-critical spares, tools and consumables.
• Attend to automation, instrumentation breakdowns and planned maintenance.
• Assist with installation, configuration and commissioning of new equipment.
How to apply
Closing date: 18 July 2014